Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You

Today is Veteran's Day-a day to give thanks to our veterans who have served and are serving.  To say thank you to their families for the sacrifices that they make everyday so that their soldiers can protect us and our freedoms.  I can not thank them all enough.

There have been quite a few members of my family and my husband's family that have served in the military.  There are two who are currently serving in the Army.  We are so proud of all of them.

It is also my mother's birthday.  She had a good day-it is 11-11-11, so it was a lucky day as well!

I am also thankful for a post on my Facebook updates.  Here it is:

http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/07/17/75-reminders-for-tough-times/

It came from a friend who is also a blogger.  Here is his site

http://employmentforumblog.com/


It was a great post that put things into perspective-when times are hard and you are having trouble seeing that things will work out, it is funny how things like this are presented to you.  Breathe in, breathe out, move on.  A great line from a Buffett song.

So, there were lots of things to be thankful for today.  Freedom, birthdays, and encouraging words.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I am thrilled that it may have helped you today. Trust me, Perspective is everything. As I sit here with my injured knee elevated, I now have a different perspective for those who struggle walking, as I do now.
    As you mentioned, what our military do is nothing compared to our daily lives. breathe, relax, move on. You need to read Andy Andrews books, The Traveler's Gift, then The Final Summit.

    ReplyDelete