Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What comes down...

It seems not too long ago that I was writing about packing up Christmas decorations-a little less than eleven months ago.  Then again, it seems like forever, and now I am putting them back up again.  Oh man, do I have a lot to do.  I must say, I am a little bit scared-but, I will just put on my big girl pants and do it!

There are boxes of decorations to get down, furniture to move, and fall decorations to put away.  Yikes-I need to get started!  I can already hear my knees screaming at me.  Hello ibuprofen.  I have gotten a small start though.  The candles went in the windows the week before Thanksgiving.  They are my favorite of the Christmas decor-they are just warm and inviting.  The reindeer and snowman went up this past weekend in the yard.  Thank you to my hubby and youngest for that one!  I do love it all, though there were times when I asked if we could blow up a picture of last year's tree and tape it to the wall.  And, you guessed it, I got a funny look from everyone within earshot.

We will get our tree this weekend.  It is a holiday weekend after all.  Wait, you didn't know it was a holiday?  Which holiday you ask?  Why it is Emma Eve on Saturday of course, followed by Emma's 10th birthday on Sunday.  Yes, my brilliant youngest daughter has figured out how to stretch out her birthday.  I really think Emma Eve is more highly anticipated, sort of like Christmas Eve.  Then on the actually birthday, we are off to see Santa himself.  Legendary Santa-if you are a Richmonder, you will know exactly what I am talking about. Accept no substitutes.

So, as always, there is much going on in our household.  Birthdays, decorating, and holidays.  All rolled into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment