Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Caffeine

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EscapeHomeDaily/204564336236441

Caffeine-the way so many of us begin our days, with a strong cup o'joe.  I like mine black-no cream, no sugar, nada.  The first sip is always the best one-sometimes the second, depending on how hot the coffee is.  Sometimes I will pour a cup, set it down, get distracted, and come back to it a few minutes later and it's not as hot as I would like.   Life is complicated enough-why make coffee complicated?

I have seen it done-so many times.  "I would like a grande, non-fat, sugar-free mocha, with two pumps of mocha, one pump of vanilla, half-caf latte."  Shew-that is a mouthful.  It almost sounds like a complicated mathematical equation.  I was at a coffee shop one day in line behind a few people who placed orders just like this one.  When it was my turn, I ordered just a black coffee.  The barista pulled out her "Easy" button and with a laugh I happily slapped that sucker.  I know coffee can be a serious thing-but it is just coffee.

Some people's caffeine fixes vary.  From Red Bull to Mountain Dew, Diet Coke to espresso-which if made right with a pack of raw sugar is delicious.  Others prefer breakfast tea or green tea.  Some love Starbucks while others prefer locally grown organic blends.  From Maxwell House to Folgers, Dunkin' Donuts to Millstone.  Some people do not drink anything caffeinated.  They do save money and maybe some time waiting for it all to brew, but I love it.  It is fun to go out with a friend for a coffee-or whatever floats your boat.  It is relaxing to sit with a cup and read a book or watch television while enjoying a cup of java.  Interesting the dichotomy there.  Something that is a stimulant is used to relax.

Hmm.  Maybe it is more complex than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. So proud you mentioned my choice of fixes....Sugar Free Red Bull! I have never been a coffee person. I am a cold drink person, maybe a hot chocolate on a cold day!

    ReplyDelete