Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blek..!

Yes, I said blek-and on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon I might add!  It really is bleky when you have had the stomach flu on such a beautiful weekend.  Soccer games were being played, my youngest was birthday party-hopping, a friend was at a wine tasting, and where was I?  In bed.  Blek.

I know there will be more weekends like this.  The weather is getting warmer, thankfully, so this will be the first of many lovely weekends to come.  I can still complain though.  Wink wink.

The good thing about being sick on a weekend is that it doesn't take any more of my sick days from work.  That, I have figured, is the only good thing.

So, it is Sunday, and I am feeling better than Saturday, and most definitely better than Friday night's horror show.  My sweet husband took care of the kiddos, getting everyone where they needed to be, got them fed, etc.  They are old enough to pretty much fend for themselves, except for the driving part.  I am thankful to them for actually not arguing and staying quiet.  The only one who didn't stay quiet was my neighbor's dog who decided Saturday was the day she was going to bark-all day long.  Grrr. 

So, having complained and given thanks, I am looking forward to next weekend.  But wait-I just looked at the weather forecast and they are calling for-God forbid-snow.  I have one word for that-Blek!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better. Allow me, I believe I can prognosticate better than some of those in Richmond. I see next Saturday, partly cloudy, chance of precipitation. How's that? Actually, sunny and 50!

    ReplyDelete