Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Full Circle

Today, my oldest daughter played in her first JV Girls' Soccer game.  I was so excited for her.  Her game was postponed the other day due to a torrential downpour, but today it was sunny and cool-a perfect day for a soccer game.

She plays goalie and I couldn't be more proud.  She directs well, saves well, and encourages the team on.  I want to be just like her when I grow up.  I wish that I had her drive and determination-I remembering wanting to try out for soccer in high school, I just didn't have the encouragement to do so.  I still regret it.

She was not sure at the beginning of the school year if she would try out-she worried she wouldn't make the team.  I very quickly told her she would regret more later that she didn't try out than if she had tried out and not made it.  Just go for it, I told her, you have nothing to loose but future regrets.

Well, the talk seemed to work, and she conditioned hard and made the team.  The team she played today was my high school team. 

As we walked into the stadium, I told my husband I had not been back since my high school senior cookout.  Quite a while ago.  It was fun to be there-my daughter's team won 6-0.  Life, if you give it, time, always comes full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment