Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dear Father Time...

Dear Father Time,
Would you be so kind as to extend my days by a few hours?  Thank you.
Your faithful watcher(pun intended),
Liz

Oh, a few extra hours in a day.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Some would agree-yes more time to talk, to sleep, to shop, etc. Others would not-more time at work, more time doing homework, more time doing chores.  I have written before of wanting more time with my kids-I will always want that, but lately, I have been wanting-or should I say needing-more time for other things.  Some are fun, some are not.

I need more time for laundry-definitely not fun, to paint my bedroom-sort-of fun, and to read and write-way fun!

This week, it has eluded me.  Sometimes I wonder if Father Time is doing this on purpose.  Grrr.

As stressed and frustrated as I can get about doing these things, I have to remind myself of what I have done that day.  I have risen at o'dark thirty and gotten three children off to school, fed dogs, cats, let out said animals, and a list of other things.  This does include reading.  From 7-7:30a.m. I sit and read and watch the news.  My interest level in the news will determine how much I read.  I may also check emails and Facebook.   I try to have laundry going during all of this as well.  So, I am fairly productive between 6a.m. and 8:45 a.m.  If I am working in the morning, then I am working in the morning.  It is when I get home that my gears grind to a swift halt.  This is where my frustration comes in.

I want to lie down for a few minutes before the bus comes, but I know that if I do that, any hope of doing anything else might as well get thrown out the window.  I just have to keep pushing myself and keep going through my list of things to get done.  If I have to go back out anywhere, well Hello Crabby!  Once I get home I want to stay there.  Please?

Believe me, even if I do not lie down to grab a wink or two, that does not mean that I get stuff done.  I am good, but Wonder Woman I sadly am not.  It would be cool to be able to fit into the outfit though.  The kids' stuff comes first and everything else is after that.  As it should be.

But another hour or two to finish up a few things would really come in handy.  Did you get my letter Father Time?  I guess he will respond whenever he wants-he has all the time in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment