Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A "Wicked" Week!

It is Friday the fourteenth.  It is my sixteenth wedding anniversary.  It has been a "Wicked" week.  In a good way!

I worked a few days and made a few bucks, wrote to a publisher about a children's book that I have written and have a meeting with him on Monday, and my hubby surprised me with an early anniversary gift of tickets to, you guessed it, the Broadway show-Wicked.  I was thrilled to say the least and the show was fantastic.  It is nice to have surprises and even better that my husband likes to provide me with them.  It makes me smile and love him even more!

The children's book manuscript has been fun to write.  I will tell you more about it later but to have a meeting with a publisher is pretty mind blowing!  I have sent it to one publishing company already and am waiting to hear back-fingers crossed!  Who knows where this will all lead, but I am hoping for the best and that one day I can walk into a bookstore and see my book up on the shelf.

My oldest daughter wants to see "Wicked"-I am sure it will come back to our town so that we can go together.  We watched some performances on YouTube and she loved it-I told her I would be happy to sing for her whenever she wanted-I just got one of those "Please don't" teenager looks.  Which made me start singing "Popular" almost immediately!

http://youtu.be/CsKH2tqoFJ8

Kristen Chenoweth does sing so much better than I-but I have just as much fun!


I have always wanted to sing on Broadway-it is on my bucket list.  We shall see-never say never!  I got a meeting with a publisher-anything is possible.  Singing on Broadway would be "Wicked" indeed!

1 comment: