Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Gone to the dogs....

There are three dogs here at home as I am writing this piece.  My two pups, Bella and Molly, and my parent's dog Scout.  I am dog-sitting for the evening.  These past few days have quite literally been the dog days of summer.

Friday evening, my oldest daughter was asked to dog sit for the weekend for one of our neighbors.  That evening she had five dogs.  Yes, I said five.  They were very well behaved-I was surprised.  There were shelties, a golden, a malti-poo, and a mutt.  One female and four males-the poor lassie.  She had one admirer who just would not leave her alone, until she had had quite enough and put an end to his foolishness.  Good girl.  Got to tame those boys!!

Our dogs met some new friends-the neighbor's five and their cousin Bernie.  After a little time running around sniffing, everyone started to ignore each other and see who could drink the most water.  Bella won that one.

Scout came this morning-she is a big black lab, about ninety pounds of puppy.  She has been very well behaved-making my day that much easier with three dogs, three children, and two cats around.  I know that I can't really count the cats because they can take care of themselves, but I am going to because I can.

I did go out and purchase a Thunder Shirt for Bella-it has worked fantastically.  She still barks when she sees people outside, but she does not go polar and have a nervous breakdown.  She has graciously left that for me to do.  Lord knows this house can't handle anymore anxious women.  Maybe I should use the Thunder Shirt myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment