Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Play that funky music...

Music is one thing in life that I would have a hard time living without.  It brings back so many memories of people, places, travels, adventures.  No bad memories go with music for me.  I tend to attach all things good to music.

Bruce Hornsby and the Range were actually the inspiration for this post.  I was listening to Radio Margaritaville and one of their songs began to play.  "Every little kiss..."  It reminded me of times when my Patrick(then my fiance) and I would take road trips to Williamsburg or the beach, playing their tape(yes, it was awhile ago)on the stereo, in our Jeep Wrangler, top down, wind in our faces.  It was always a great time.  When I listen to those songs, I close my eyes and I am there.

U2 reminds me of high school and college days, when anyone who lived with me either grew to love U2 or hate them because all of their songs were constantly playing.  Loudly.  I still play them-loudly.  I finally got to see them in concert in 2009 for their U2 360 tour.  It.was.awesome.  It only took me twenty-plus years to see them.  Hopefully it won't be that long before I see them again.

Jimmy Buffett of course reminds me of the beach, lazy days, lots of smiles, cheeseburgers, and I lifestyle that many of us would love to live everyday.  If I can live it vicariously through Jimmy's music, I will take it.  I sit on my porch under the ceiling fan, a cold beer in my hand, and just relax.  Not too bad of a way to spend an afternoon.  It is playing almost constantly when I am at home or in my car.  I love that I will catch my kids singing along to a song that not too many other kids would know-like "Tin Cup Chalice".  Unless their parents are Parrotheads.  Look it up, take a listen.


I like the newer stuff too.  Flo Rida is way fun, Maroon 5, Adele, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Foo Fighters.  All great music that I listen to-when Jimmy is not playing.

And to the song that this post is named after, just bob your head along to the rhythm.  "Play that funky music white boy!"

1 comment: