Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

OMG it's hot!!!!

I would say hot is an understatement.  I love hot weather, but even this is pushing it for me.  It is 104 degrees not counting the humidity.  And why would you want to count any higher than that?

So what does one do when it is hot outside?  Paint their master bedroom of course!  My sweet hubby and I spent the last two days painting away.  He is a trooper.  I love him to pieces.  After eleven years of living here, I finally feel like it is our room.  Not what someone else had in mind.  Don't get me wrong-it wasn't a hideous 70's green or anything like that.  It was a sunny yellow and liveable(obviously) but I love change and have wanted something new for a while.  And now-I have it!

It is a calm blue color-yes, it does remind me of the beach.  The color of the water in Hawaii, or the sky on a clear day.  I love it.  The best thing about it?  It's done.  I did the cutting in and around the baseboards and the ceiling, Patrick did the rolling.  We are a good team.

I have lots of ideas for other things that I will be adding to our room-shelves, a new headboard, a "new" mirror(code for an old mirror that I spray-painted a glossy orange).  It will look great when it is completely done.  That should be by the end of the week-not in another 11 years.

I would rather spend cooler days outside playing or relaxing on my porch-and get stuff done inside on days when it is just too darn hot...

No comments:

Post a Comment