Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful.  For my husband, my kids, my friends and family.  For my health.  For all of the things that I have been blessed with.

Watching the news footage today of the earthquake and ensuing tsunami in Japan, I realize how small and helpless I am and how powerful nature can be.  It was heartbreaking and terrifying and unbelievable to watch. 

I am thankful that the people of Hawaii are safe and more damage was not done there.  I will pray for the man who was swept out to see on the West Coast and I will pray for those in Japan who have lost loved ones and those who have to find a way to pick up the pieces and go on. 

I will go to bed thankful for another day-of health, happiness, and seeing the faces of those that I love the most.  And pray that tomorrow will bring more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment