Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Sister Friends

Growing up, I always wanted sisters.  I have two brothers-they are fine, but there is nothing like having a sister-or so I have heard.  I know there are sisters that do not get along but I am not going to talk about that.  I will focus on the ones that do talk to each other, love each other, support each other.  I always wished for that.  I always was envious of friends who had sisters and were close.  Who did things together, like up at o'dark thirty the morning after Thanksgiving to go shop.  Who went to lunches and movies together.  Who you could call any time of the day with a problem, a success, or nothing at all just to talk.  I thought that would be something I would never find.

And then I had a daughter.  And a few years later, I had another girl.  And along the way many special women have appeared in my life.  It is a glorious thing.  They have blessed my life in so many ways.  I now have more sisters than even I imagined possible.  They bring me joy, make me laugh, listen when I need it.  We support each other and help each other.  Even if it is just by listening and knowing that the support is but a phone call away-or now-a-days an email.

I call these women sister-friends.

Thank you my sister-friends.  You make life that much more beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment