Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wrap it up

I have finished Christmas shopping.  I think.  I have just about everything that I have ordered-just waiting on one thing-fingers crossed!  Now, I just have to wrap it.  This really is not my favorite part of the whole Christmas experience.  It means paper cuts, lots of cutting, lots of tape, and the guilt of paper that will be torn and throw away.  I have heard it can not be recycled.  Boo.  Do you feel my pain-let's share!

This is where the Christmas miracle of gift bags comes in.  I always keep the bags I have been given.  I try to make sure not to give those same bags back as wrapping to the person who gave it to me.  But if I do, just think of all the landfill waste we are saving!  Reduce, re-use, recycle!  The green isn't just for mistletoe at Christmas time!

I sometimes think of Candy Spelling, in her bigger than a small country mansion in her gift wrapping room.  Yes, I did just write that-don't adjust your screens or re-read it.  Who wouldn't want to have a room just for gift wrapping at the holidays?  No more sitting on the floor or leaning over a too short table or a bed and breaking your back hoping that you received a massage for a gift to recover from Christmas.  Shew-that was a mouthful.

I have not wrapped one package.  I always say that I will wrap as I go but that has yet to happen.  I will probably do what I always end up doing-wrapping everything on Christmas Eve.  But this year-I may just "bag it".  Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment