Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

I want it done, yesterday!

I have heard that patience is a virtue.  I keep telling myself this is a virtue worth having.  It would cut down on stress, stress, and, well, stress.  Just when I think I have it, my impatient self seems to win the battle.  Like now.

I have made it my goal this year to clean out every drawer, closet, cubby, basket, cabinet, and shelf in our house.  This is no small task I know, but I have given myself a year to do it.  I even thought I would have a yard sale and make some money on the stuff that needed to go.  My patient self apparently did not get the memo-impatient self won that one.  I could not stand the pile of yard sale stuff in my dining room and off it went to Goodwill. 

This week, I tackled my son's room.  Not too bad.  I got his closet done, his dresser cleaned out, and his night stand done.  His desk, however, was another story.  Half of the drawers I opened and promptly closed-I just could not deal with the contents.  I didn't have the patience.  I know, it is a process.

Next is my youngest daughter's room.  Yikes-I may need a day or two to mentally prepare.  To pray for the patience it will take to clean it all out and get it livable.  With organizing, it always gets worse before it gets better.  Patience!

Meanwhile, my bedroom has become the dumping ground for clothes that don't fit, kid's old artwork and papers to go through, and I am getting a new dresser so I have to clean out my old one.  I think I am a glutton for punishment.  And I want it all to be done!! Ohm-patience Lizzy, patience.

It will all eventually get done-I gave myself a year.  But yesterday would have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment