Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thankful for quiet

There are some days that I am thankful to have an open schedule-a day where I can do what I please.  For a few hours anyway.  I need it so I will not lose my mind or unleash my wrath on those I love the most.  Please know that I say this in the most loving way possible! 

This has been a week of work, sick children, and a long must-do list.  By must-do list I mean "I must make my way through these two hampers of laundry before I give up and just buy new clothes" or "I must pay these bills so we can cook our food and I can wash those clothes" or "I must vacuum upstairs and down because I have not done it in-well, a while."  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So when blessed Friday rolled around, I still did have a small must-do list, but I tacked on a few fun things to do when I had finished.  I went to the library-one of my favorite things to do.  Please support your local libraries-use them, donate books to them-we need them!  I then made my way to one of my favorite local shops and did my best to support the local economy.  After that trip, I made my way to a local antique shop and made my way up and down the aisles, checking out what great bargins they had that day.  I bought myself lunch from Jimmy Johns and enjoyed a movie.  In case you are wondering, it was "The Queen" with Helen Mirren.  Fantastic movie, one of my favorites.


I had a great day-just me, myself, and I.  I adore my sweet husband and my kiddos, but I do love my time to myself.  I need it, I must have it, or I can get terribly cranky.  Just ask them-they are all for me having my "me" time.  If it sounds selfish, like there are a lot of references to "me" in this entry-yes there are, but I think everyone should have time like this.


You have to have time for yourself, in whatever way you choose to spend it.  You can not be all things to all people if you leave nothing for you-including time for quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment