Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trying to be anything but sluggish

It's February.  It's cold.  Spring is thirty-eight days away.  I am trying not to be a slug.  I am trying not to cozy up on the couch every second and read.  My get-up and go self is yelling at my sit-down and veg self.  "Come on you!  Paint the living room!  Clean out the attic before it is a million and one degrees up there!  De-clutter everything!" 

Some times my veg-self is very compliant and does what it is told.  Other days, it is quite cranky and just tells get-up and go to shut-it!

Ugh-dilemmas.

Most of the time, a happy medium is reached.  Things that absolutely need to get done are done, along with an adequate dose of sluggishness.

I still feel guilty.  And I am not even catholic.

I was up at 6 a.m., fixed coffee, two breakfasts, packed three lunches, gave a lecture on study habits, sent two kiddos off to middle school, woke up a nine year old from a deep, warm slumber, kissed a husband as he went off to work and let out and fed two dogs.  All before 7:30 a.m.

I think I will go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment